Friday, November 4, 2011

Happy Halloween and a Little Catch Up


I have been so excited to catch up on our blog lately, because we have so much to be thankful for and life is just so good. I love how blogging about the little things helps me remember them better, the tiniest little things my kids do, or that fleeting moment I hope never to forget. But I don't want to forget the hard days either. I had a great talk with a friend yesterday that made me realize it's so important to be real.
We have hard days around here. In fact, yesterday I found myself sitting on the floor with two screaming babies, and yes, a crying mommy too. Right now our days are filled with doctor's appointments and physical therapy, laundry that never gets done and more dirty diapers than you can imagine. Most of the time I don't feel well at all and this week we've all been sick with that nasty virus going around. Sometimes life is incredibly overwhelming and I wonder how we're going to get thru another day. But then I blog =0) I see pictures of perfect moments caught and I realize just how great I have it. I am so thankful for a million tiny moments each day that truly fill my soul with such joy! I am so excited for this Holiday Season, and the opportunity to focus a little bit more on all we have to be GRATEFUL for.

We had the chance to go down and visit with Natasha, Pyper's birthmom. This girl is one of the greatest blessings in our life. We are so proud of her!
Just last week we had our court hearing to finalize our adoption. LOL! Another fine "Cooper Moment"...let me share. Well we have been so excited for this day to come, to make the adoption final and completely 100% legal. I have been a little stressed about this day, wanting to make sure that everything was in order so nothing would put this off or come in our way. We had to be at the court early in the morning and I had everything planned out. Of course it never goes that way. It's time to leave. I pick up Cooper. He's green and lethargic. Right then, he pukes all over! All over him, all over me, all over the carpet. It's either laugh or cry at this point. I'm thankful the laughter came. This poor kiddo was so sick! Needless to say, the Judge doesn't care if you smell like puke, just show up and make sure that paper work is in! We got there on time and everything worked out! Our adoption is final! We love our little Pyper and feel like the luckiest most blessed parents in the world. It has been amazing to watch our family grow, and I feel so thankful for the Lord's hand in all of it.

This year dressing up for Halloween consisted of the following: put costumes on kids. kids scream. laugh at kids. take pics of screaming hilarious kids. take costumes off kids. go to trunk or treat in pajamas. LOL!





Saddle up Cowboys!!! Thanks to the Larsons we got out in costume again this year and had a wonderful time! Erick was a U.S. Marshall and I was a Saloon Girl for the nights murder mystery.
I am the luckiest mama! I get to kiss and munch on those cheeks all day long!

Afternoon Sillys=Tights on Head=Good Laughs


The Coopster Caught:
I thought this kiddo was eating up his dinner so well, then I realized he was stashing it all in the back of his shirt! LOL!


My favorite part of the day, hands down, is getting the kids up after naps. They're always happy, cooing, giggling, and squirming, excited to get up and play.
Before I end this post, I just want to give a little shout out to my family and friends. I am so thankful for all of you! I have felt so much love and support and encouragement from you all lately, and it means the world to me! I have the greatest examples in my life of strong, amazing, faithful women. Thank you, you know who you are, for everything!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yay! Congrats on the adoption finalization! What a great day! The family picture of all of you with the judge is a great picture of you guys- the judge not so much! haha his face is hilarious. Pyper's cheeks are To.Die.For. Wow! You have the cutest kids!

Linsey said...

what amazing kids! What an amazing mamma! Hope everyone is feeling better!

Sarah S said...

I love the "waking up from nap time" time of the day too, it's such a sweet time! It's good to know you have real days! Thanks for sharing, made me giggle a little, not at you, with you I promise :) I love those two little ones, they are both so DARLING! Love you and miss you Mandy!